Programmatic Trading Innovator Sees Accelerating Growth with Immediate Platform Development and Headcount Expansion
Stamford, CT – February 1, 2014 – MediaCrossing, the global independent digital media trading firm that is reinventing media buying and selling, today announced that it has ended its first six months of digital media trading having executed in excess of 1,200 campaigns on behalf of 30 accounts, well ahead of its original business plan. MediaCrossing was founded in December 2012, and it announced its Series A equity funding in October 2013. MediaCrossing employs 23 in its new Stamford, Connecticut headquarters and in the Boston area with plans to double headcount over the coming year.
“The MediaCrossing team provides an unparalleled level of performance and service managing our hyper-local and national programmatic digital advertising campaigns,” said David Prose, managing director at Ionic Trading, a MediaCrossing agency client.
MediaCrossing’s rapid publisher, marketer and agency account growth is attributable to successful trading execution via its proprietary, innovative managed services platform, MX Platform™. As an independent digital media trader, MediaCrossing delivers programmatic solutions that increase efficiency, effectiveness and transparency for advertisers and agencies while improving ad inventory eCPMs and sell through for publishers.
“2013 was our inaugural year,” said William A. (“Bill”) Lederer, MediaCrossing founder, chairman and CEO. “Our ability to secure 30 clients in the first six months of trading with extensive renewals, followed by another 30 more currently in process, is a testament to the value we are able to offer the industry.”
MediaCrossing’s 2013 momentum highlights include:
• Customers: MediaCrossing added 30 new customers in 2013, with the vast majority renewing – demonstrating the demand for and delivery success of the MX Platform™ from publishers, marketers and agencies across display, video, social and mobile.
• Staff: MediaCrossing made 20 new hires in 2013, as it welcomed talent from companies like Bank of America/ Merrill Lynch, WPP, Omnicom, Turn, Yahoo!, Integral Ad Science, Brand.net, eWayDirect, Alloy, BannerDirect, InflectionPoint Media, V12 and others.
• Funding: In October, MediaCrossing announced $6M in seed capital and Series A funding, led by leading financial technology innovators including Minder Cheng, Daniel Tierney, Steve Schuler, Jerry Putnam, Connecticut Innovations and Rialto Bridge Partners.
• Recognition: MediaCrossing’s unique capabilities were recognized by the Connecticut Innovation Summit in October, when it won Most Promising New Product and was named Tech Company to Watch.
• Product: MediaCrossing created and operates its MX Platform™, a comprehensive, best-in-class digital media trading and data-managed services platform for buyers and sellers.
• Education: MediaCrossing and Gleanster partnered to issue “How Smart Marketers Reduce Waste and Improve ROI with Programmatic Media Buying – A Complimentary Report,” which is a whitepaper that illustrates the deep value independent media traders offer.
• Expansion: MediaCrossing opened a new headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut to support its growing team and established a team in Boston, MA.
Powered by its proprietary MX Platform™, MediaCrossing is an independent digital media trading firm that is reinventing media buying and selling. The company was founded to bridge buyers and sellers easily, effectively and efficiently. MediaCrossing delivers exceptional value, execution, results, transparency, and liquidity in tradeable ad inventory for publishers, marketers and agencies. Unlike other marketplace players, MediaCrossing may take principal positions on behalf of publishers, marketers and their agencies, thus assuming the risk of unsold inventory for the benefit of its partners. A world-class team of hands-on employee-owners leads the company with proven, successful and relevant Madison Avenue and Wall Street business, technology and marketing experience in the U.S. and EMEA. Headquartered in Stamford, CT, MediaCrossing is funded and advised by some of the world’s leading media, marketing and trading innovators, as well as Connecticut Innovations and Rialto Bridge Partners. Learn more at www.MediaCrossing.com. Follow MediaCrossing on LinkedIn and Twitter.